Index not retrieving anything

I just went over my storage allowance (now reduced) and it seems to have done something weird to my Index (index #79, customer id #1803420155) as it now returns no information to any query even though I recently uploaded some info - any idea how I can fix this? Thank you

Hi Ed.

Can you please elaborate a bit more. When you say “now reduced”, what do you mean?
And when you query inside in Vectara Web Console, do you get an error or empty results?

Yes apologies, I mean I have now reduced the amount of data in my account so I am below the limit again.

The error message inside vectara said that it could not find any data to return but there was definitely data in there which has now reappeared.

I was just curious to understand why that mate have happened, for example so queries stop working if you go above the account allowance or something like that!

Thanks
Ed

Thanks for the details.

for example so queries stop working if you go above the account allowance or something like that!
That’s definitely not the case. On a Growth-free plan, if you go above storage account allowance, you won’t be able to index more documents, but queries will continue to work.

I mean I have now reduced the amount of data in my account so I am below the limit again.
If you reduced the amount by resetting/clearing the corpus, then I can imagine that briefly, the queries didn’t return any result as the corpus had been cleared out. If you reduced the amount by individually deleting documents such that there would always be some documents in the corpus, then the queries should return results.

In the above discussion, I’m assuming your queries weren’t using filters such that the documents in the corpus didn’t match the filter.

I hope this helps.

1 Like