Upload JSON data in my own structure?

Hi,

I receive data from an API in a specific structure. Is it possible for me to upload that data as is, without manually changing the data into the Vectara structure described in the docs?

Thank you,
Mikhaeel

Hi Mikhaeel,

No, that is not possible at the moment as our APIs expect the document in a certain format. In your case, you have to convert the input docs to Vectara structure. One main reason for this is that you know your data best. You know which fields should be indexed as text, which should form metadata, which should not be added to the index at all, etc.

Regards,
Tallat

Hey Tallat,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any recommended best practices for setting up something that can automatically reformat data into the prescribed Vectara structure?

Thanks!

Not sure if it meets your requirement, but we have this that helps with ingestion: GitHub - vectara/vectara-ingest: An open source framework to crawl data sources and ingest into Vectara

/tallat

I’ll check that out, but I doubt it will my particular requirements.

On an unrelated note, I need to be able to search across multiple corpora but I notice that feature is reserved for the Scale plan. Is there someone I can talk to about this?

Thank you!

@tallat Let me know who I can chat to regarding the Scale plan. Thanks!

Please drop your email address here and we’ll get in touch: Contact Us - Vectara
Alternatively, you can send me a private message with your email address and I can send a shared email.

Looking forward to working on this with you.

I PM’d you my email. Thanks again!