How to make a Vectara Create-UI chatbot use the MockingBird LLM in it's summarization?

I’m attempting to use the MockingBird model to make a chatbot only answer questions related to the .PDF document data in the corpus (so a question like “How is the weather?” or “How are you?” should not give out a long answer but rather a simple “Please try a different search or restate your question in another way” message)

When creating a chatbot using the create-ui package’s ‘npx @vectara/create-ui’ command, there is no option to set the summary model to anything other than ‘vectara-summary-ext-v1.2.0’, as far as I have seen.

Trying to change it manually in ‘SearchContext.tsx’ to ‘mockingbird-1.0-2024-07-16’ yields no changes in the summarization.

I’ve tried to see the docs, API docs, and the create-ui GitHub page for any possible way to change the setup of the summary model but haven’t found any success.

If it helps, I used this tutorial to create the chatbot itself:

If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks for bringing this up! I see you opened Make a Vectara Create-UI chatbot use the MockingBird LLM · Issue #40 · vectara/create-ui · GitHub so I’m going to continue the conversation over there.