Indexing is taking a long time

My json file is 22MB and it’s taking more than five hours to index. How do I estimate the time to index? Thanks.

Hello Nabil,

How did you judge the time? Looking at the indexing server load graphs for the past 24 hours, I can’t see any job that took anywhere near that long to index.

I’m curious whether you were uploading through the admin console or the API? Has the upload concluded?

Last, are you able to share the file? Someone here can try to reproduce the issue locally. If not, that’s okay.

thanks,
Amin

Thanks, Amin. I killed the run, started it again and then it didn’t take that long.

Hi Amin,

The upload_file.py sometimes hangs and sometimes completes successfully.

Hi Nabil,

Could you please share some information about the type and size of the file you are trying to upload, and we’ll see if we can reproduce it? If it’s not private, and you can share the file itself, that would be ideal. Also, could you please point me to the upoad_file.py that you’re working with.

Sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble: we should be able to figure out what’s going on.

Amin

I’m sorry for my delayed reply. When there is a problem, the process hangs and never completes. It seems that sometimes it works and sometimes it hangs - second try seems to work, but I’m not sure if this is repeatable. I’m using the API to load.